Monday, March 5, 2012

                  SELF REGULATORY STRATEGIES.

My greatest problem has always been time management. I have not in the past managed my time well, like setting up specific time for study, work, travel and leisure. The last test I took in January 2012 taught me a good lesson.  I knew I was going to take a test some time if got accepted into the program, but I did not know when. I missed the mark by 0.7 points and this has caused me a set back in my education. I never studied for this test, I knew it consisted of math, English and science but , I never tried to find out a study guide nor did I set up some time to study for it. When the opportunity came to me, I just said yes I would take the test.

Now I have set up goals for myself. I have set up a lot of time for study and for rest and I have cut back on the time I spend on different leisure activities.  This feels good and I am actually reaping positive benefits.                            

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are defeating the "time" monster. That was a hard lesson but look at the student you are becoming. Fortunately, you will have the opportunity to take the test again and I know you will pass. You are a great student and pleasant person. You will be a tremendous asset to the league of nurses.

    ReplyDelete